Yahoo Answers is shutting down on Might 4, 2021, the Verizon-owned Yahoo announced this week. The 16-12 months-outdated concern-and-answer service will enter browse-only mode on April 20, blocking consumers from posting new inquiries or answering other users’ thoughts, Yahoo claimed. On the May well 4 shutdown date, the website will no extended be accessible, and the URL will redirect to the Yahoo homepage, Yahoo said. No other Yahoo companies are affected by this announcement.
Just why folks nevertheless use Yahoo Responses is a issue that in all probability lacks a enjoyable answer. 1 Ars colleague advised that I format this article “as a problem adopted by a bunch of poorly published responses that don’t very respond to the issue.” As an alternative of that, let’s consider a seem at some of the new inquiries that have risen to the leading or around the leading of the Yahoo Solutions homepage.
The shutdown announcement prompted anger from men and women asking if Yahoo Solutions is becoming “shut to silence conservatives” and for tips of other sites that article “the reality about the left’s degeneracy.” A different requested regardless of whether previous President Donald Trump should really buy Yahoo to protect against the shutdown. Many others needed to know regardless of whether the US can endure Biden’s presidency and no matter whether Democrats will at any time “confess” that the election was rigged (it was not).
The latest inquiries stated on the homepage contain:
- “Will America endure 4 years of Joe Biden?”
- “Can you point me to a further site like yahoo responses exactly where I can put up about the real truth regarding the left’s degeneracy and ruining of the United states of america?”
- “Will liberals cry when Trump wins in 2024?”
- “I imagine George Floyd died from Health Problems?”
- “Really should Trump buy Yahoo promptly to protect against Solutions from getting shut down?”
- “Why do I need ID to acquire firearm if I do t need to have one to vote?”
- “Why does Joe stutter so substantially like a retard and seems older than the tales from the crypt keeper?”
- “Closing of ‘Yahoo! answers’ suggests ‘once again we shed independence of speech’?”
- “Why do Donald Trump and Republicans detest minorities and love white supremacists?”
- “Is Yahoo Responses getting shut to silence conservatives?”
- “As Yahoo! Solutions prepares to shut down, how will conservatives spin the final decision as an endeavor to censor only conservatives?”
- “70,000,000 persons voted for Trump. They cannot all be silly, can they?”
- “Do you agree with liberals who say Florida will be underneath drinking water by 2050?”
- “Will Democrats at any time confess that the election was rigged?”
- “Will Trump’s new social media system host a Q&A so we can keep the dialogue heading? And will opinions to information tales return?”
There was also a single “problem” falsely boasting that only 1.4 million Jews died in the Holocaust as a substitute of the normally approved estimate of 6 million.
Yahoo’s ultimate responses
Yahoo beforehand shut down Yahoo Teams in 2019 and deleted anything after providing customers a opportunity to download their own content.
Any person who needs to obtain their Yahoo Responses information must make a ask for applying the guidelines available at this connection by June 30. Yahoo mentioned that “it can take up to 30 days to receive your content obtain.” The information will be offered in JSON structure.
“Wherever really should I go when I have queries in the foreseeable future?” is 1 of the queries Yahoo posed and answered in its FAQ about the shutdown. The FAQ instructed going to Yahoo Look for “for answers and details from the net” or the Yahoo COVID web site for “distinct info and methods around the Coronavirus pandemic.”