Today’s Dealmaster includes a nice discount on Sony’s WH-1000XM4, as the wireless noise-canceling headphones are currently down to $278 at various retailers. We’ve seen the headphones fall to this price on numerous occasions since they launched last year, and they dropped as low at $248 during Amazon’s Prime Day event in June. Outside of major shopping events like those, though, this is usually the best price you’ll see for this wonderfully well-rounded pair of wireless headphones that we’ve recommended in various buying guides over the past year. Their sound runs bass-heavy by default, but that can be customized, and their general comfort and noise-canceling strength are still among the most impressive we’ve seen for a headphone under $500.
Besides that, our top pick among wireless office mice, Logitech’s MX Master 3, is currently available for $80 at Staples when you use the code “90453” at checkout. That’s only $5 above the best price we’ve tracked. The mouse itself remains highly comfortable (if you’re right-handed, at least) and is reliably performant on most surfaces (glass included). It can pair with up to three devices over Bluetooth or an included USB dongle, and the whole thing is nicely versatile, with a nifty second scroll wheel, five programmable buttons, and the ability to make app-specific customizations through Logitech’s companion software. It’s undeniably expensive—our guide above has more affordable options if you’re on a budget—but if you spend all day at your desk, it may be worth the premium.
Elsewhere, our deals roundup includes all-time low or near-low prices on a couple of three-quart Instant Pots—meaning they’re best for one or two people, not full families—as well as a new low for Samsung’s SSD 980, which we found to be a worthwhile midrange drive for everyday consumers in a review earlier this year. We also have good prices on Apple’s 15 W MagSafe wireless charger, which we recommended in our guide to the best iPhone 12 accessories. Sony’s and Microsoft’s summer game sales continue for PlayStation and Xbox consoles, respectively, the highlights of which we pulled out late last month. It’s a varied selection of discounts today, so have a look at the full rundown below.
Note: Ars Technica may earn compensation for sales from links on this post through affiliate programs.
Featured deals of the day
Laptop and desktop PC deals
- Lenovo Yoga 6 2-in-1 laptop—AMD Ryzen 7 5700U, 13.3-inch 1080p, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD for $699.99 at Best Buy (normally $900).
- HP Chromebook x360 14c 2-in-1 laptop—Intel Core i3-10110U, 14-inch 1080p, 8GB RAM, 64GB eMMC for $429.99 at eBay and Best Buy (normally $550).
- Apple MacBook Air (2020) laptop—Apple M1, 13.3-inch 2560×1600, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD for $899 at Amazon and Best Buy (normally $960).
- Apple MacBook Air (2020) laptop—Apple M1, 13.3-inch 2560×1600, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD for $1,099 at Amazon (normally $1,165).
- Samsung SSD 980 (1TB) PCIe 3.0 M.2 NVMe internal SSD for $109.99 at Amazon and Samsung (normally $127).
- WD Blue SN550 (2TB) PCIe 3.0 M.2 NVMe internal SSD for $199.99 at Amazon and Newegg (normally $235).
- AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-core/12-thread desktop processor for $279.99 at Amazon and Best Buy (normally $295).
- 27-inch Gigabyte G27QC curved gaming monitor—2560×1440, VA, 165 Hz, FreeSync for $269.99 at Newegg (normally $300).
Video game deals
TV and home entertainment deals
- PS5 console owners only: Apple TV+ 6-month membership for free at PlayStation (must redeem on PS5—normally $30).
- New subscribers only: Amazon Music Unlimited 3-month membership + Paramount Plus Premium 3-month membership for $1 at Amazon (requires Amazon Prime account—normally $54).
- Apple TV 4K (32GB) 4K HDR media streamer for $169 at Amazon, Walmart, and Sam’s Club (normally $179).
- Apple Siri Remote (2nd gen) for Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD for $49.97 at Verizon (normally $59).